I'm working on it, really!
Here, I plan on storing my own fan fiction and reviews, and hosting others' fan fiction & art and reviews. If you'd like me to host your work, please email me and follow the rules below (which will be moved onto their own page, eventually).
- Politely request that I host you; I do not have to host everybody, nor do I desire to. It's my site
- Send your work as an attachment, not in the body of the email. Use the email as a cover letter.
- Unless English is not your native language (and if it is not, please do say so in your cover letter) I insist that you make an effort to not mutilate the language in either your cover letters or your submissions.
- I will want a name for whatever you send me, and a discription for the index.
- Include a working email address and prefered designation so I can properly credit hosted material.
- I will not host anything I have to edit (outside of putting it into HTML) unless I want to.
- Do not send me HTML files created by using Word. Send me the Word file: I should be able to read it.
- Send me the 'original' copy, please, unless you have particular things you want done with the formatting or normally write your stories in HTML format. (Say so in the cover letter if either is the case.)
- Please, indent the start of new paragraphs instead of putting a blank line between paragraphs. I'm not going to insist on it, but it will incourage me to agree to host your story if you do and it will speed up the process of getting it up here.
- Accepted formats are jpeg, gif, and bmp. Those are the formats I can be certain of being able to view. I may sometimes choose to host a picture I got in another format, but not often.
- If you send me a bmp file, be warned that I will convert it into a jpeg or gif file (whichever looks better) before posting it.
- If it's not pretty, try including a witty explanation of its exsistance in the discription for the index. It'll increase the chances of my hosting it.
- If I doubt that the art's origin is properly credited I will refuse to host it, and the same goes for anything I find pornographic.
- Include information on the item being reviewed:
- For a book: include the title, the author, the ISBN, the year it was published in originally (if possible; if not, the year the copy you have was published in), and the language it was published in originally (or, if you can't find that out, the language the copy you read was published in).
- For a movie: include the title, the year the movie was released in, and the language it was originally released in & the language you saw it in. Also mention if it is silent or has sound, color or black and white, and its length.
- For an etext: include the title, the author, and the URL for a copy (preferably the one you read). Also, please, keep to free etexts.
- If I can't confirm its existance outside of your review, I will automatically refuse to host your review.
- Please keep in mind the kinds of book and movie reviews you see in newspapers: they usually mention such things as plot, acting / writing, and other interesting details. These are amazingly nice things, and spending some time on them in your review is a very good thing.
Main Page : Explanation Recent History Related Sign-In Sheet