Perfume

A Slayers fanfic by Majo-chan

Author’s notes: Inspired by the Perfumix of EXTRICATION, the Lost Universe end theme. Kinda weird, not really meant to make sense, in other words, much like most of the stuff I write.^_^

**

She lived in a world of scent.

Close your eyes.

Long, tapered fingers balanced the slender pipe carefully as smoke wafted to the ceiling, gray fumes dissipating into the dim background.

Let darkness engulf.

The smell of blood as it seeps into the rich loam of the earth.

Echos into the night.

Her lips curved up in a smile, showing no teeth. Yet.

Blind of sight.

The musk of fear mingled with the excitement that adrenaline had induced.

Think not of the shadows.

Her wolves were padding around, some who have just recently returned from the hunt. Making way for her as she stood up, letting her pass as the beast in the form of a woman walked out of the heavy double doors.

The smell of fur was heavy in the hallway, seeing as how most of her servants kept their beast forms even inside her domain. The smell of fur and smoke, and her perfume.

Nor of the gleaming fangs.

Some lesser demon scooted out of her way fearfully as she passed, not meeting the eyes of gold.

Nor of the wicked claws.

Scent of fear, discontent…anger, hate…

Do not search out the howls in the night.

Blood red nails that were as sharp as any claws reached out, not at all hesitant in their slowness. The smile that spread across her face now widened, white canine teeth showing with almost startling starkness against her tanned face marked with twin scars.

Do not look for the Lady of the Night.

The aroma of human, the fragrance of deceit. Layers of pretence and guile piled one on top of the other. Her favorite scent of hidden evil.

Heed me, heed me…

The shadows shifted uncomfortably by the disturbance in reality as the scent materialized and gave itself shape. The shape of a man.

Gather not the darkness into your bosom.

Hint of fragrant perfume, mingled with smoke and fur, age and wisdom. Maliciousness barely veiled beneath motherhood, blood of thousands staining at the hands, the lips, giving the scent a metallic tinge.

Do not surrender.

Shadows resettling, as if after the flame had quieted down after a gust of wind. Two shadows now as one, melting together as if in complete surrender.

There are only lies in the darkness.

Trace of a smile, gone to fast to scrutinize with care.

Do not hunt…

Blood red nails now gently caressing, gently holding.

The Lady of the Night.

" Welcome back, Xel."

End.